The 2017- 2018 Rio Grande Valley Soil Testing Campaign runs from October 1, 2017 through January 31, 2018. All commercial agricultural producers in Hidalgo, Cameron and Willacy counties are eligible to participate in the free campaign. Over 5000 soil samples have been collected in the campaign, which has been conduced every year since 2001.
- Pick up soil sample bags and forms (form also available at the link above) at your local County AgriLife Extension Office or at the AgriLife District 12 office in Weslaco.
- It is very important that the sample be collected properly!! Follow the directions on the back side of the form.
- Drop off filled sample bags and completed forms at the same locations.
- Do not mail soil samples directly to the soil lab. For this free campaign, they must be brought to the locations listed below.
- Crops, sugarcane, vegetable, citrus and pasture producers in Cameron, Hidalgo and Willacy Counties are invited and encouraged to participate. Homeowners are not eligible.
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Locations
Hidalgo County Extension Office, 410 N. 13th Avenue, Edinburg, TX 78541
(956) 383-1026 – email@example.com
Cameron County Extension Office, 1390 W. Expressway 83, San Benito, TX 78586
(956) 361-8236 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Willacy County Extension Office, 170 N. 3rd Street, Raymondville, TX 78580
(956) 689-2412 – email@example.com
District 12 Extension Office, 2401 East Highway 83, Weslaco, TX 78596
(956) 968-5581 – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit these websites:
This Soil Testing Campaign is funded by a Clean Water Act grant provided by the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and is administered by the Texas Water Resources Institute and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service for non-point source pollution reduction in agricultural fertilizer runoff into the Arroyo Colorado Watershed.